Each time you report scam emails you make a the Internet a safer place. This is the reason why the government in different countries is constantly campaigning for its citizen to do their part and report scam emails that they encounter. The problem is that scam emails are so rampant that some people just learn to live with it. Each time you open your inbox, despite all the filters and safety features installed by your email provider, you still get potentially dangerous spam email, so instead of taking the time to flag these fraudulent emails you learn to live with them.
When you keep silent and let this email scams be, you are also letting more scammers continue to defraud people. The damages and losses caused by these email scams have caused many people their life savings, business and time, letting these scammers get more victims is absolutely unacceptable.
To give you better idea, here are other reasons why you must report fraudulent emails:
Reasons to Report Scam Emails
- When you report scam emails, you are placing a significant contribution to the awareness campaign against online scams. Raising awareness about the different scam emails on the Internet today is an effective way to save other potential victims against a scam
- When you report scam emails you also provide significant information to law enforcers and other government agencies which they can compare to other scam reports. And if possible find patterns that may lead to the arrest of the scammer.
- When you report malicious emails you help empower other scam victims. Many scam victims do not report their experience because they feel traumatized by what happened, but by learning that there are also other people who have had the same experience and are stepping up may help them find the courage to do the same.
- When you report fraudulent emails authorities can help alert involved companies about how their business is being utilized for malicious schemes like phishing. The legal business can then come up with their own security plan to help combat the problem, which can help stop the email scam faster.
- When you report that you are a victim of an email scam, you immediately get assistance and protection given to victims of fraud. This includes launching an investigation to find the scammer who defrauded you, access to free legal or expert advice regarding your case, recovery of losses, if applicable, and free counselling to help you recover from the traumatic experience.
- When you report email scams you also alert involved businesses to improve their security measure so scammers won’t be able to take advantage of their customers again. Many businesses like banks began installing additional security layers after their customers became victims of phishing. This alerted many banking institutions to update their security system by including added filters and safety nets that can combat the effects of phishing and other similar scam.
These are just some of the many reasons why you must report scam emails. The more people take the time to report scam emails the faster the government can end the problem with email fraud problem.